GET FREE TIPS TO CREATE THE REAL ESTATE BIZ YOU'LL LOVE!
GET FREE TIPS TO CREATE THE REAL ESTATE BIZ YOU'LL LOVE!
One of my favorite country songs is by Trace Adkins called Your Gonna Miss This.
You’re gonna miss this, You’re gonna want this back
You’re gonna wish these days hadn’t gone by so fast
These Are Some Good Times, So take a good look around
You may not know it now,But you’re gonna miss this
This weekend my son Jacob turned 18 and we had a big party at our house for him. For those of you who know me personally you know that my house has always been full of not only my kids but most of their friends. My grandma always said I live in a blender..lol!
I woke up early after the party and walked down to the family room where there was about 25+ kids laying all over the floor and couches sound asleep and I just sat and watched them for a bit with a few tears in my eyes. Most of these kids I have watched grow up since they were in kindergarten or in the case of my nephews… since they were born. I proceeded to the kitchen and started cleaning up the huge mess from the night before and started cooking breakfast. I didn’t take long for the smell of bacon to make it down to the family room and then the flurry of activity started all over.
I felt so incredibly blessed as I thought back over the years and the fact that real estate has given me not only the opportunity but the freedom to be able to spend time with these kids, to laugh and cry… mostly laugh as boys do some crazy stuff.
What is also very cool is how many of my clients remember when he was just a baby. Of course that is aging me a bit J
I am so very proud of my son Jacob and all of his friends as he gets ready to jump into the world of adulthood head on! But I am soooooo gonna miss this!
Thank YOU for being a huge part of my life and this amazing real estate career I get to be a part of as for some of you I now get to help your kids and I wont admit it yet …. But grandkids!
Let’s See How Well You Can Follow Directions…
To take this test, all you need is a pen or pencil, an 8 1/2″ by 11″ piece of paper, and a watch or clock for timing yourself. After you take the test, check the bottom of this page to see how well you did.
You have a 5 minute time limit to complete the parts of this test. Carefully read all of the parts of the test before doing anything. In order to ensure the accuracy of this exam, you should not use more than the allotted time of 5 minutes. You may start the timer and begin whenever you choose.
You may begin now!!
1. Write today’s date–month-day-year in the top right hand corner of your test paper.
2. Write the answer to the following multiplication problem directly underneath the date on your test paper–6 X 5 = ?
3. Write the name of the month that begins with the letter “D” in the top left hand corner of your test paper.
4. Add 15 to the answer you got in part #2, and write this new total directly underneath your answer for part #3.
5. In the lower left hand corner of your test paper, write the names of your favorite singer and your favorite group.
6. Just above your answer to part #5, write “This test is very easy.”
7. In the lower right hand corner of your test paper, draw a rectangle and inside the rectangle draw a five pointed star. The size of these drawings is not important.
8. Directly above your answer to part #7, draw a row of three small circles. Once again, size is not important.
9. Write the name of the first president of the United States on the back of your test paper anywhere you choose. If you don’t know who this is, write your own name instead.
10.Write the name of any country that begins with the letter “I” directly underneath you answer to part #2.
11. Take the number of dwarfs in the Snow White story and add it to the number of bears in the Goldilocks story. Divide by 2. Write this total in the approximate center of your test paper.
12. Think of a number between 1 and 50. Double that number. Add 20. Add 6. Subtract 17. Subtract 9. Divide by 2. Write this number on your test paper directly underneath your answer to part #11.
13. Now that you have carefully read all of the parts so far, and you have not carried out any of the actual work, read the next 2 parts just to see what they say and then go back and only complete part #3.
14. The name of the first president of the United States is George Washington. He was president from 1789 until 1797. Add the 2 dates together to see if the total is less than 5000.
15. You should not be reading the end of the exam before the beginning of the exam, but now that you are here, you have just wasted some of the time you may need to complete the test.
We all reach that point where everything seems to come down on you and nothing seems to go right. You even snap at the ones you love just because they got in your way.
Well, I am here to tell you that we all get to that point every once and while. The key is to recognize it when it is happening and realize you need to hit the RESET button!
By reset button, I mean you need to take some time off! Spend some time away from your work and the things that drive you crazy. Go out with friends, go on a weekend getaway, or just turn off all the electronics in your house for a few days and read. Whatever it is that re-charges your batteries.
So check out this video on taking time off. We all need it!
Does the thought of finding 10 new leads or prospects a day seem daunting to you?
Well, you are certainly not alone. Now if you watched my last video you know that I gave you an example of how many leads you would need to generate a day in order to make $100,000 a year. That was just an example. Your numbers will be different than that. It all depends on the type of leads, your experience in closing leads, etc.
Don’t get caught up in the number. Start by tracking them. I have a sheet below to help you with that.
Watch this video and it will explain more…
Have a great WEEKEND!
Last Blog Posts